Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Chatty Asides #1

Some interesting thoughts about my recently released story: 1) The word "release" is starting to look really weird to me after looking at it too often (that can happen with just about any word, really) 2) I love the word whippoorwill, it's gorgeous with all those letters and the way it whistles off the tongue and past the lips and conjures a feeling of magic, but I always, always, always have to double check the spelling 3) I adore the bird on my cover. It's beautiful. 4) In the story itself, there is mention of a children's story where there is a female hero (protagonist) and she goes on adventures with a magical whippoorwill. I made that up for the story, and oh, don't I wish it was a real children's adventure story. Wouldn't it be wonderful? 5) Boutonnières. These need to become more popular for men. Honestly, men look gorgeous with these flowers on their lapels. And one of my favorite parts of this story is when Everett helps Jake with putting on the boutonnière. So tantalizingly close, concentrating...the dangerousness of a pin-prick, trembling, fumbling fingers. Guh! How is this not a thing? There should be stories everywhere devoted just to this intimate act!

No comments:

Post a Comment