Wednesday, June 1, 2016

snakes in the garden

I got a big surprise this past week when I went to work in my garden. I needed to move a few rocks out of the way, and found not one, not two, but three garter snakes hiding out under the rocks. I don't mind them being around the garden at all -- I just don't want them actually living *in* the garden. So their rock pile has been moved to another location, which I hope they find suitable. I am still recovering from the shock of unexpectedly coming across my surprise new neighbors.

~~~

And I'll have up a short ficlet for this Friday. I know there's a lot of "show, don't tell" advice, and it is fabulous advice. But sometimes, I want to go the tell route. For a ficlet this small, it works out very well, gives a somewhat dreamy sort of vibe to the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment