Sunday, December 17, 2017

Christmas stories

I love Christmas movies. I can happily watch some truly terrible, cheesy, badly produced movies and be very happy. I know it was a massive hit and everyone loves The Christmas Prince, but I had to pause it partway through because I cringed a tad too much at the plot setups. Although I really liked the little sister and will get back to watching it just for her, I need to do it some other day.

The Netlfix released another Christmas movie, which I just finished watching, A Christmas Inheritance, which was on the watchable side of cringe. I'll have to expound on what elements work or don't work (for me, obviously, others' mileage always varies). But what I really, really wish had happened was that they'd switched the two actors between the un-worthy fiance part and trueheart inn manager part. I think both actors did great jobs as they were, but I think it would have been significantly more fantastic to see those roles reversed. (I wish they could film movies twice or three times, and switch up roles -- do the scenes exactly like they are, but with actors in different roles, and release the movies each way!)

Two articles I found about the release:

http://lacrossetribune.com/lifestyles/simplemost/netflix-surprises-everyone-with-one-more-cheesy-holiday-movie-christmas/article_93298e40-7f23-58b3-953d-389f24f343c0.html

https://www.romper.com/p/is-snow-falls-from-christmas-inheritance-a-real-place-this-netflix-movie-will-give-you-serious-stars-hollow-vibes-7587453

And since I'm on the subject of Christmas stories, I'm going to plug my very own. (I love Christmas stories, so I wrote one! I intend to write more!)

I think it is a little less formulaic, but just as fabulous.

"A Piece of Ourselves", at Mischief Corner Books
on sale now, and releasing on Dec 23rd -- only 6 days away!

https://www.mischiefcornerbooks.com/a-piece-of-ourselves.html

No comments:

Post a Comment