Monday, November 12, 2018

still a headcold

For such a minor headcold, this one is hanging on like a champ!

I got my flu shot in October, but this is definitely not the flu. It is a small-time virus/bacteria that has set up residence. I'm to the point where my nose hurts from all the tissues. Not sick enough to stay home from my many duties this week, but it won't make it pleasant.

I did enjoy several really lovely soups this weekend, though: chicken and vegetable with orzo, creamy tomato, and Manhattan clam chowder (that's the red version). I tried making some sourdough rolls to go with the soups, but I am not very good at making bread and they came out a bit dense. They smelled divine while baking, though, so that's something, and that's with my nose only being at half efficiency.

No comments:

Post a Comment