Sunday, October 20, 2013

Steampunk Insomnia

I was at a museum earlier today and it had both a steamship from around 1920/1930 and some train cars from the same time. Real life steampunk, and it was pretty cool stuff. I can see the allure of that genre. Everything was so physical -- the ship moved by means of coal being shoveled into the furnace, and it was hot, sweaty work. But upstairs, the guests had silver and linens. I don't know that I would ever write steampunk, but it is gorgeous imagery. And in other news, insomnia has come to claim me. Usually it is a rare night that I wallow through the darkened hours, so I should be tired enough to sleep tomorrow night, but the thing about insomnia (at least for me) is that I'm not really alert enough to be creative. I can't use these hours for writing. I could clean, or read, or watch tv, or even pay the bills, but creativity is a slight reach too far.

No comments:

Post a Comment