Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Holiday Cards

I finally just finished my holiday cards (some Merry Christmas, some Happy Solstice, and a few just Happy New Year), and ended up with a grand total of 33 cards sent out. Not as many as some years, but more than others, so a happy medium. I was curious how many cards others sent out, and asked a few people -- I seem to be around average for those who send cards, but well above people who aren't card senders. And I had a very interesting conversation with a twenty-something who sends out cards in the traditional manner, and she mentioned how much her cohorts enjoy getting 'real mail', but curiously, she said they they don't hardly ever reciprocate. Apparently, getting a card doesn't make them think, oh hey, I should send one back, they just receive it as a gift. Which is quite an interesting way to think about it. I have to say, I mostly get return cards *after* I send cards out, so I highly suspect that I wouldn't get cards if I didn't send them! (Which...I enjoy getting the cards, and I enjoy sending them...but I don't want my friends and family to feel obligated...what a tender subject!) Card count out: 33 Current cards received: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment