Thursday, December 25, 2014

too soon to tell, maybe a novelette? a novel?

I've got a solid 12k words written -- about 2k of them done today -- in a story I've been working on for a while. It's been slow. I wrote the first part as a short story awhile ago and knew it needed more, and finally this week I've gotten back to it. I am notoriously back at guessing how long it will really end up being, but this one should end up somewhere over 25k, just thinking about how I want the plot to progress. This is exciting! I've done short stories in the under 12k range up until now, so to have a novelette (novel??) sized story in the works is a Big Deal for me.

This next week at work is going to be bonkers, though, so I just hope the same energy stays with me for the next 9 days, and then I will be able to return to the story again.

No comments:

Post a Comment