Wednesday, August 3, 2016

some colors are more inspirational

The last of my series of room-colored ficlets will post on Friday, and it was my favorite of the rooms because I love the colors. The other rooms were better challenges, and they helped me to grow from the exercise of writing against what is easiest for me, but this deep red room was the most fun to write about.

I could have written several versions of this room. Part of me wanted to write vampire stories, ghost stories, throwback detective mystery stories, Gothic stories. Because that's where you find rooms imbued with this ruby color. But, I also wanted to keep with the same tone as the other ficlets. Those weren't supernatural thrillers. They were about ordinary moments and contemporary people.

But I did indulge a little. For sure, this one is going to be on the romance side of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment