Sunday, November 6, 2016

Sunday is for cooking

So, Sunday.

Yesterday I got a lot done in terms of cleaning, but today is no longer about cleaning -- Sundays are for preparing lunches for the week. I've got a few things planned for today: a black bean curry, a lemon poppy seed cake, and ginger bread, and possibly a quiche.

I already have all the ingredients for the first three. I do not think I have everything I need for the quiche, so I am debating. Is it worth the effort to go to the store?

Is it just me, or does anyone else find themselves trying to avoid stopping at the store? I wouldn't mind--when I get there, I usually like looking things over, making choices, discovering new things to try--except that no matter what I go there for, it always takes a minimum of an hour. Sometimes two. And suddenly, a huge chunk of my day has vanished! I could be going for just a loaf of bread, and it'll take the full hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment