Saturday, February 24, 2018

a rainforest of socks

I've been doing laundry today and I have a pile of winter wool socks that needed washing -- and with wool socks, you don't put them in the dryer. They need to be hung dry (to make them last longer, these aren't the sort that'll end up felted, thank goodness) and so I've got them laid out on every possible hook and bar that I've got. Over doors, over the shower, along the bar in my closet, etc. It's like fighting through a dense jungle of woolen socks. I expect to hear the caw-caw-caw of birds and monkeys at any moment. Perhaps the low warning growl of a felted wool lion....

The good news is, these socks dry pretty quickly. The jungle will be rolled up and packed away by morning.

Then i can start on the weird sheet city that happens when I get to washing the bedding. Draping of sheets over all the surfaces, like a maze, leading me from room to room.

No comments:

Post a Comment