Sunday, July 8, 2018

rainbow snippets on my current work in progress

I can't believe I haven't done a Rainbow Snippets in over a year, but I checked, and I haven't! Shame on me for not being more active. But I have had a lot on my plate this year, so I am forgiving myself.

Here are six sentences from a currently untitled work in progress:

Romance is dead, Kyle thought. He didn't know if this romance was dead, but it certainly seemed that way at the present time.

He watched his partner, Brodie, across the table as he played with his cell phone. Kyle couldn't see the screen but the flicks of his fingers indicating scrolling, scrolling, scrolling. Whatever Brodie was looking for wasn't being found. So, both the dinner company and the cell phone were not engaging his attention.

I'm currently about 2k in and at a point in the story where I have to make some decisions about what is going to happen, so of course I am procrastinating as much as possible!

The link back to Rainbow Snippets to check out the posts from other artists and writers: https://www.facebook.com/groups/RainbowSnippets

12 comments:

  1. Oh, I like this. Please keep writing and forge this story ahead. ~nods~ Thanks for the kind word on my blog. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! All the best to you in your creative endeavors! :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Darla...keep going on this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I'll take all the encouragement I can get!

      Delete
  3. Interesting. Makes me wonder what Brodie's scrolling through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, dear. This doesn't bode well for them.

    ReplyDelete