Sunday, May 19, 2013

Space and Writing

I don't know about other writers, but I find that I write best in organized, clean spaces. (I suspect perhaps this is true of others, because of the image of the writer in the coffee shop -- coffee shops tend to be generally clean and organized, so they make great spaces in which to concentrate. Otherwise...would writers congregate where there is dirt and dust? Bus stops? Sports games?)

Which can be difficult because my home-keeping skills are never sharp, but only a bit dull, and generally lacking.

So, this weekend, I did a major clean and got everything back on track and spiffy looking. 

Of course, now that I'm exerted all my energies in cleaning, I have none left to write.  So, it'll be an early bed tonight.  But with the place spit-spot and in apple-pie order, when I have time, it'll be straight to the writing, and no longer with the procrastinating since I won't feel guilty for not cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment