Thursday, March 19, 2015

making cookies of the peanut butter sort

I have a peanut butter cookie recipe that is pretty much no fail as long as I don't stray. I got a little frisky with the ingredients tonight, and the cookies are still very good, but not as fantastic as they have been. It never works out to try to make cookies healthier, does it? No. Trying to substitute in a portion of whole wheat flour and use all natural peanut butter (just peanuts and salt instead of a hundred trans-fat ingredients and added sugar) just doesn't turn out the same cookie. The ones I ended up with are crumblier, don't stay together as well, and definitely not as sweet. Also, a little heartier, and don't have as much of that delicious mouth-feel, buttery, melt on your tongue sensation. Next time, I shall return to the Dark Ways, and forget any notion of making a cookie that is a little less bad for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment