Wednesday, March 4, 2015

the edits never end (it just feels that way)

I think I'm on the very last of the edits and read-throughs for Cotton Candy Deceit, which is a creepy romantic story I've written for Rooster and Pig Publishing. A touch of horror and a whole lot of sepia-tone amidst a soulmate romance story, and I am so proud of the editing work done on this. My editor was stalwart and brilliant, and really jabbed at the heart of all the little problems and inconsistencies, and the story that emerged afterward is just so much stronger and better.

I don't know exactly when this one is going to publish yet, but I'm excited to know the process is very near the end. I'm catching the very rare typo now, and a handful of using the same word too close together.

No comments:

Post a Comment