Thursday, November 19, 2015

artsy and craftsy

I was in a store today that sold some higher end clothing, and I noticed that the scarves and hats were priced quite high. Some of the styles now are very much about getting a home-crafted look, and several of them had that look as well as the steep price tag. I also have a few friends who do a lot of knitting and crocheting and sell their wares at seasonal craft fairs. The scarves, mittens, hats, etc. they spend hours making do not sell for anywhere near these amounts. They've explicitly mentioned that they can't price the things too high or they won't sell. Now, granted, the store has some luxury of being there each day whereas the craft fairs are very temporary, but it just seems so odd. Anyway, I've been working on a few items for gifts for later on, some scarves and hats (hence my attention to the matter), and I was thinking these items might not be in as much favor as much as if I'd bought something from a store, but now I'm wondering if that's fully true.

No comments:

Post a Comment