Sunday, January 24, 2016

Sunday, neither early nor late, yet

Sunday, and not yet noon. I've been up since 6:30, though, and very busy. Cooking, cleaning, organizing.

I try to cook in big batches -- slow cooker foods, big casseroles, giant pots of curry. That way I can portion them out into containers, stock them in the fridge or freezer, and eat as needed the rest of the week. I'm being very ambitious this weekend, by necessity. It isn't just me I'm prepping for this week. It's me, my partner, and a third person who needs some meals delivered to her home. I've got lunches for two people for 5 workdays, dinners for four days, and 4 large containers (enough for two people) to prep for giveaway. Needless to say, I've spend quite a bit of time chopping and peeling and stirring this weekend. I try to choose healthier options for these meals -- less fat, more veggies. It isn't always easy. They also need to be freezer-friendly.

So far, so good. Now, to find some writing time.

With two stories of mine coming out in anthologies very, very soon, I'm excited and happy -- and it definitely fuels the fire to get writing again so I can submit more things.

No comments:

Post a Comment