Sunday, March 4, 2018

the infinite balance

So, the last day of the weekend...what's on my To Do list for today

--magazine shovel out (I save too many, thinking I'll read them later)
--make soup
--laundry
--bills
--stretch/exercise
--delete old e-mails

I already spent some time going through older e-mails, always a rabbit-hole of a task. I realize I need to catch up on stuff!!

I'm about to go stretch -- the older I get, the more my IT band has decided it wants to go to war with me.

I'm trying to decide what soup I want, because soup leftovers will also be my lunches for the next few days.

Magazine shovel out -- as part of my general thought of trying to declutter things. I don't want to get rid of everything and I am way to sentimental to ever really pare down to that state of zen that some people aspire to, but I also know that I could be a really massive pack rat if I don't watch it. Part of the problem is that I tend to be really careful with my things. They last a really long time. And I don't want to just chuck things into a landfill. So I end up keeping things. I do recycle a lot, and also donate things to thrift stores/recycling stores/give things away/etc. but I try to be mindful about things, and that takes time.

Taking that time means taking away from writing time, so I'm always balancing between doing things I enjoy (writing, going out and enjoying activities) and dealing with my clutter and accumulation. Today is another day of that infinite balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment