Wednesday, July 2, 2014

working on my extras

So, I'm deep into working on the blurbs and summaries for "Nuts, Bolts, and Chihuahuas", and there is the option at the very end to provide an extra. It can be just about anything, really. A photo, a recipe, an intense essay, additional story. So I get it into my head that I do have a little bit extra to say about the story, which seems very nice. But I had to laugh at myself, because in the first two paragraphs alone as I was writing, I had to stop no less than a dozen times to go look something up on the internet. Do I know another word for "maintain"? What's bigger, a miniature schnauzer or a poodle (or what variation)? Shepard, Sheppard, Shepherd? What is a pup's night acuity? (Pretty good, actually, so many rods in the eye! That sounds worse than it should....) I'm to a point where I can let it sit for a bit and come back to it later, my own personal editing razor, sharp and prepared to strike. Although it is a bit of a bummer to delete all the stuff that research time was spent on. Sometimes it happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment