Thursday, July 25, 2013

oh boy, edits!

It's going to be a busy weekend.  I've got edits to do on my charity story *and* I need to figure out how to write the gosh-darned ending to the Halloween story I've been sweating over.  I know how it is supposed to end, but the words to take through the maze of actions keep eluding me.  Like a not-so-funny game of catch-me-if-you-can.  I'm even considering writing the ending out in *long-hand*. I've heard that changing how you write can access areas of the brain differently. 

I've been a keyboard writer pretty much from almost the beginning (once I got a computer in my room and could type in private instead of in the shared space in the middle of the living room). It is odd to contemplate how words might feel coming out long-hand instead of the easy flow of typing.  Not to mention that I can actually touch-type, and don't have to hen-peck at the keys with two fingers. The connection there is almost instantaneous, seriously. Plus, there's also the very serious matter to decide upon: printing or cursive.  Printing will be legible later on, but cursive is faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment