Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Submitted! (Halloween story)

The scariest of days arrived--the day of submitting!

I've been working on a Halloween story for submission, and this week it finally got shaped up, and now it is shipped out!

This is the one where I was mulling over the whole schematic theme of temptation, and I spent a lot of time brainstorming how to work with the initial core idea to reshape it so that I could write about something slightly different. I think it came out very well.  Interestingly enough, the original idea, though a bit on the steamy side (that's good) would not have had the character depth (that's not so good) that the story ended up having.  In fact, as I've been working on this story, I was pleased to have several little things to put in the story that could mean sequels -- or at least a follow up novella-type thing where I could more fully explore some of the juicy stuff I just hint at.  I was already just about at the length limit for the submission, so for once, as is not usual with me, I was full up!

This story itself is really more just dashing adventure, with adrenaline-fueled kisses, and a common(ish) nightmare creature, which must always be amped-up into an even *scarier* creature.  So I did that, too.

*fingers crossed* that it reads well, otherwise, I'll be back to the editing draft!

No comments:

Post a Comment