Wednesday, September 7, 2016

fics that are upcoming

Only two days until Friday -- and I'm back this week and next week with two fics that are related to each other. The same moment, just from the perspectives of two different characters. It gives one an appreciation for just how difficult it is to do that type of scene, there are a lot of bits and pieces to keep in mind. These are very short fics, so it is easier to do, but I've read some authors' works where the entire thing revolves around perspective shifting. Impressive.

And, if fall ever starts to come around, instead of muggy summer, I will post an additional ficlet I've been saving for just that time of year. I have "Taking the Fall Line" in the Snowed In Anthology at Torquere, and I have a follow-on tidbit that covers the two characters after they've done all the hard work of realizing they are falling for each other. But I would like to at least have a crisp fall morning to remind me what it feels like! Then I can get a little more excited about the fall and winter seasons coming around with all the opportunity for winter sports like skiing and snowshoeing!

In the meantime, the Anthology and the story can be found here:
http://www.torquerebooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=76&products_id=4591
and
http://www.torquerebooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=79_93&products_id=4599

Those aren't very pretty links, but they'll take you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment