Friday, October 4, 2013

hounding

While paying the bills last night, I just left the tv on for background noise and one of those entertainment shows came on. They had a clip about a celebrity having to push through a crowd of the paparazzi, clinging to the hand of their body guard, before they were able to get into a car and be whisked away. I have to say, it was appalling. I realize that a lot of people make their living being a celebrity, and a lot of celebrities make more money in a week than I'll see in my life time, and this is one of those prices to pay, but still. I just felt bad that they would have to go through something like that. I like the pretty pictures of the pretty people just as much as the next person -- but the really good ones come from their work (tv, movies, etc.) and photo shoots. I wish the pop culture wasn't so much about hounding them. I suppose I'm even more grateful for the quiet in my life, when I see reminders like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment