Saturday, October 19, 2013

writing comfort

So, it is going to be a busy weekend, outside of writing, but I am going to make sure to eke out some time. I have some serious editing to do to a longer piece, and there's been an opportunity to work on an older piece I have to get it ready, and then it would be a free work, so that readers could see my style. That one needs a Very Serious Edit. So I have a lot of work to do. But for the moment, I wanted to mention my writing gauntlets! Now that the weather is turning cooler, and it isn't quite time to turn the heat on, I get to dress in warm, bulky, comfy clothes, and that includes using these really lovely knitted gauntlets that my mom made for me. I actually have several pairs of them. I keep one set at work for when there isn't heat there (it happens!) and a couple sets at home. The ones I have don't individually cover the fingers, so they're like very long sweatshirt sleeves, but with a thumb-hole. I just love them. They're pretty, as each one is done in different colored yarn, and they really do a great job of keeping the hand warm, and the fingers free to type. Once again, it really is some of the smallest things in life that make you happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment