Saturday, June 21, 2014

no spoons, no knives, no forks

No writing today, either. But I did spend it catching up on grocery shopping (apparently you have to *buy* food if you want it in the house to eat when you become hungry, what a strange thing!) and it took me over 2 hours to do that. Then, I stopped at a neighborhood yard sale. They had at least 8 different households with tables set up. I saw books, clothes, sports equipment, glassware, shoes, toys, weird things I didn't know what they did, antique-type stuff like old cola bottles, exercise equipment, artwork, etc. But not a single piece of cutlery. Come to think of it, I can't ever remember coming across eating utensils at a tag sale, ever. I wanted to score an extra set to bring to work. (So I could be re-usable, and maybe grab a few extra for the lunch-room drawer for others who needed them, instead of always wasting plastic ones.) Apparently, these items are precious to us all, and are never put on offer. It is sort of bizarre, isn't it? And yet, so undeniably human.

No comments:

Post a Comment