Saturday, January 5, 2019

Day five: soup and tea

I've still got my cold/virus hanging on. I am getting better. Sleeping through most of the night last night was quite nice, but I'm up now -- still tired, but I just can't sleep anymore. I'm already on Cup of Tea #1. Soups I've enjoyed over the past few days (some soups more than once): tomato, cream of mushroom, vegetable and wild rice, shrimp and lime ramen, Manhattan clam chowder, and some zesty tomato. Also, crackers soaked in soup are nice. Thank goodness that soup comes premade in a can and can be easily reconstituted and microwaved because I am not up to cooking myself healthy, hearty soups to get rid of this cold. In the future, I am going to consider making soup to freeze so that I will have something homemade and ready to go in the freezer. But for now, I'm really grateful for commercially available soups.

I don't know if I'm up to writing today, but I think I will do some reading while snuggled into my couch and covered by lots of blankets.

No comments:

Post a Comment